The Frank Cavallaro Campaign accepts contributions from individual Canadian citizens or permanent residents up to a maximum of $1650 per calendar year in 2021. Tax receipts can only be issued in the name of the contributor and the name of the contributor must match the holder of the credit card or the signatory on the cheque. Cheques and credit cards must be matched to the contributor's residential address. Contributions from corporations, labour unions or associations, and unincorporated associations are prohibited.
Elections Canada rules allow Canadian citizens or permanent residents to donate a SEPARATE amount of up to $1650 to Conservative riding associations in addition to contributions made to the Conservative Party of Canada. Donations to the National Party may be made at https://donate.conservative.ca
Contributions may qualify you for a tax credit on your federal income tax return. You can receive up to 75 percent of your first $400 of donation as credit, followed by 50 percent of any amount between $400 and $750 and 33.5 percent of amounts over $750. The maximum amount of the credit is capped at $650.
NEW Club 400 and Club 1000
For contributions of $400 or more (**), donors will receive
- A gift with our new Conservative Party logo (for donations received by December 31, 2020)
- Exclusive invitations to all Association and Candidate events in 2021
- Invitation to attend a private Club members-only holiday gathering in December 2021 (*)
- An exclusive meeting for Club members only with the new candidate prior to any meeting with the general public or media (*)
For contributions of $1000 or more (**), donors will receive all benefits provided to Club 400 members plus
- An exclusive "VIP" meeting with all special event guests at Association and Candidate events prior to the official start times for the events. (*)
(*) All event and event formats will be subject to prevailing local Public Health rules in place on the dates of the events
(**) To be eligible, donations may be one-time or via monthly contributions paid between December 1, 2020 and December 1, 2021. For tax credits, only contributions made in 2020 are eligible for 2020 tax credits. Contributions for 2021 are eligible for 2021 tax credits.
Cash contributions are not accepted.